“And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples, and the disciples gave to the multitudes.” Matthew 14:19
If you are after a fun and educational Christian activity for the weekend, this is a great idea. It will help your little one develop their fine motor skills, using scissors, glue, and coloured pencils to cut and colour within the lines. It gives you a great opportunity to talk to them about Christian faith and to allow them some quiet play time.
What you will need:
- Brown paper
- Coloured pencils
- Fish, bread and basket cut-out template from here https://craftingthewordofgod.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/feeding-the-multitude.pdf
- Print out the template. If possible, print the circle on brown construction paper.
- Colour in then cut out the fishes, loaves and square piece.
- For older kids: Take the circle piece and on the back glue on brown strips of paper in a weaving pattern. For younger kids: On the back of the circle piece print the basket pattern.
- Cut out the circle from the construction paper, making sure to add glue to any strips of construction paper that become loose.
- Take the finished circle, cut on the dotted lines and fold on the solid lines.
- Add glue one at a time to each corner of the circle to form the basket shape.
- On the square piece fold on the solid lines. Place it inside the basket.
- Finally, place the fishes and loaves inside the basket.