250g Devondale Salted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Devondale Dale Full Cream Pure Milk, save 2 tbs for later
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup plain flour
1 cup self-raising flour
56g silver sprinkles (to decorate)
530g pure icing sugar, sifted (save 30g to dust)
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, caster sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Sift
flours over butter mixture. Add milk and stir until a dough forms. Divide dough in half. Shape
each half into a disc. Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Line 4 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll each dough disc between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut out 18 x 9cm
stars, 18 x 7cm stars and 18 x 5.5cm stars from dough. Place onto trays and bake for 15
minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make royal icing, place icing sugar in a medium bowl. Gradually add enough
milk to make a smooth spreadable icing. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 2mm plain
nozzle. Pipe a little royal icing over the centre of the 9cm star. Top with another 9cm star,
turning top star slightly. Repeat with a little more icing and a third 9cm star. Continue
stacking with three 7cm stars, then with two 5.5cm stars. Position a 5.5cm star on top of
tree, securing with icing. Repeat to make 6 trees in total.
- Pipe remaining icing on trees and decorate with cachous. Set aside for 20 minutes or until
set. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Beverly Hills Montessori Christian Long Day Care combines the delivery of authentic Montessori education with Christian values. Our centre has been around for over 30 years and our passionate team of carefully selected educators is at the core of our success. Come meet us and see why our centre is the best choice for your child’s future – book a tour now.